Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Proposal


I have chosen the theme Health and Medicine. The reason I chose this theme is because I have a personal interest in it. When I applied this semester at BCC I had a goal to eventually apply to the nursing program. For my memoir of my personal experience I would like to write about why I would like to become a nurse and what motivated me to make this life changing decision. For the ethnography I have considered interviewing a hospice nurse. I am curious to hear about some of the challenges they face and emotion that goes into the job. As for the argument portion I have considered writing about the rise in health costs. I don’t have much of an understanding of this matter, but it is something that I would like to learn more about.
Two other themes I have considered writing about are education and food. There are many different ideas I have debated with in both topics. Education, I could write about my personal experience at BCC. For the ethnography I could observe an elementary school classroom. For the argument I could write about how extra curricular activities have been eliminated due to budget cuts.  For food I could write about my own personal diet and the effects it has on my health. For the ethnography I could interview a dietician. For the argument I could write about the rise of obesity. 

3 comments:

  1. The health theme seems like a good fit! Sounds like you have some good possibilities for essays from all three angles. (Do you know a hospice nurse you could interview?)

    ReplyDelete